Comic Summary

This is a story about a young stallion who was destined to become a hero. But he knows he is nothing of the sort, and still doubts himself after he is given the title "Heir Savior." Everyone in Okai believes in the prophecy, that one day a Savior will rise among them to free them from this dying land, from those bold sands that continue to devour their home. There is a way to escape, yet the question is, is the Heir Savior willing to do it? Is he willing to acknowledge himself after dismissing the prophecy as a tale? Follow Arawn, a "Royal" Ashk, as he comes to choose: The Sands, the Void, or the Heir Savior? They never really had a choice. ---
Written and illustrated by Captain NatHat (Natural-Horses aka. Han.)

Monday, November 30, 2015

SotS: Chapter 3: Guards' Conflict


I'm embarrassed to have to post this half-baked page, but I spent way too much time on it and it still ain't good. I'll have to come back over and make it more presentable later when I can, but for now eh, I'll get to the next pages because I want to move this story forward. Some pages may turn out to be bad eggs, but they can be dealt with at the end. Ah well, so much for good graphics on this project. :/ should get back into the comic feel.
annd we're back! :) 
i'm happy to say that helm got a personality change since the draft.
i need to fix this page sometime 
also i already finished chapter 3, but i'm stuck on ch 4 because i didn't get the script in yet. there's 5 more pages for this chapter, so i'll be uploading one a week like usual, just to give myself time to write out the 4th chapter :) that way sots won't stop dead in it's tracks so
yeah
Two more pages until chapter 4 :) 
I've been changing more and more things about SotS and now it's probably very loose to the draft. I found a better personality for Arawn for the most part, and he is just more emotionally involved I hope? idk i hope. Because he was pretty bland in the draft, and IS pretty bland up to this point (to be fair he didn't get THAT much focus till now?). Changes start to show in ch 4 I think.
early update bc i got the usb plugged in today anyway
Last page for this chapter, thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my I love thiss!! :D The humour and seriousness blend in this one is charming.

    The cover is so punchy! I'm guessing it's the contrast between the red and blue guards? It's so effective! To start off with, it's kind of disillusioning when it begins with Odin's screams... like an interesting twist when you realise it's not something too dangerous, just Odin fussing over his leg. xD (Your typography is really good btw!) I adore Lenore's poised, elegant personality too! (as always, she's one of my faves u_u) Her interactions with Odin are golden. <3 And her healing powers, how could I miss that, super cool!! Then when Sahail pops in, everything becomes so playful and humourous! I have to say I laughed so hard when he tried to hide behind Odin. x'D And Helm couldn't care for some humour could he? u_u (helm is edgy, i love him ;-;) Sahail still acts like a kid, his expressions are so funny man! ("half-baked"? I'll add that to my metaphors list. u_u lol jk) I really like Helm's dialogue btw! He always talks in that kind of royal-ish, dignified manner even if he can pick a fight. ^^ Wow, I love that image there with the foggy mist surrounding the old tree... it looks so spellbinding! And Arawn's comeback there is really intriguing too, I'm loving his development in character! <3 The ending is super dramatic too, it's giving me those suspenseful vibes as if there's going to be some terror and action around the corner! Also going to comment on this "Okay, Mr. Grumpyhooves. Geez.", gosh I love Sahail's jokeyness so much, it's really entertaining! Like that extra joyful topping on top of all the anxiety. 8D The sandy theme with Arawn in the last page (for now haha), it's so full of mystery and looks as if he's bracing himself for bad news. The drought-like atmosphere is really emphasised well with the beautiful panels! :D

    Another thing I wanted to mention here is that I really like the unique structure of this chapter - the format of those diagonal lines and shapes separating each image - or the base if you like. I've always wanted to draw up a comic but I don't know how to do anything but BD, which is just the classic squares. <:) Your base looks super cool! Looking forward to the next pages too and best of luck with SotS! <3

    ReplyDelete